Monday, April 20, 2009

First Blog- April 20, 2009


Hannah was 1 month old on Friday so I thought it was time to start a blog. This morning she was staring at the side of her bassinet and she kept trying to grab the blanket that was hung on the side... after a few tries my smart girl was successful. She is such a good baby, everyone tells me she is so its not just me saying so... she hardly ever cries and sleeps almost all night. The only time she really gets fussy is if I'm late with her bottle or if she has the hiccups [[she does get them quiet frequently]]. The dreadful summer heat is on its way--she hates being covered up so maybe this will be good for her, plus she enjoys being naked, lucky her.. --Here comes "Naked Time"!-- Bath time is one of our favorite times (now that her belly button is all healed and she can actually get in the bath tub, her first "baths" were too much work because she couldn't get her belly button wet) she loooooves getting in the bathtub almost as much as she loves her swing-however there is one song that plays on her swing that is very quiet then very loud, she screams every time it gets loud. Her hair has started to fall out every where except the very back-she's momma's little mullet head =] Yesterday she giggled a little, she is very smiley in the mornings. Our days don't seem as long now but we do hate that Forest has to work so much, but who am I to complain about his job, at least he has one. As for me, well I am back to my normal self, still have a few pounds to drop before I am completely satisfied. Being a mom--- where do I start?! The first couple of days home were the hardest days of my life. I had no idea what I was doing. I hated to see her cry and not know what was wrong, I was so tired all the time. Most days I didn't even eat, how can you forget to eat?! After a couple days with the "Baby Blues", a day with my sister in law and niece Lily, I realized that if I didn't get out if that state of mind I was going to drive myself crazy.. There is still a need for some adult conversation- I'm afraid if it doesn't come soon I am going to "baby talk" when I actually do talk to someone other that my little Pootie Head Hannah. My 6 week check-up is in 2 days..I can't say I'm particularly excited about it-but I am looking forward to being able to take a bath-showers don't really help when your stressed out and tired. But it's time for a bottle.....

_____________________________________________________________________
P.S.
I did get the idea to start this blog from Jenni who blogs on her son Tildon every day.. so check hers out too. www.inoneyear.blogspot.com 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love my beautiful grandaughter. She is so sweet and oh so pretty!!!

Loolie~Lime said...

Hannie, you are amazing..
I knew you were a smart baby, but dang girl, u are already typing on the computer!!
Thanks for lettin me know...

God knows how much I love your sweet angel soul~
Meemaw

Anonymous said...

Awwww. Dady's Little Girl Is Growin' Up...I Love You.